Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

29 Weeks and Matt's Kidney Stone

I'm now 29 weeks! I took the test for Gestational Diabetes on Thursday, bad news...I failed! I go in on Monday for the 3 hour test and hopefully that will come out with better results. I'm trying not to get myself too worked up about it, from what I've read it's not uncommon to fail the first test and then of those that fail that, only 15% go on to fail the second one and actually have gestational diabetes. I had my baby shower this weekend, it was so much fun! A lot of Matt's family came in to town and it was so great to see all of them. I'll post pictures of that in a few days. Here's my 29 week picture:



Also Matt has finally passed the beast of a kidney stone that has been killing him for the last 3 weeks. It's an angry looking huge stone! It's got 3 big prongs on it, kind of like a trident. I took it in to his doctor's office, they said it's going to take a month to analyze the stone so they know what it's made of! A MONTH? Really? Hopefully he won't pass another stone in the mean time. Here's a picture of the stone in comparison to a dime...

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh my gosh! hoping your 3 hr test goes well. i failed the first one but passed the 2nd. hoping you do too! and if not, you just get to eat alot of cheese! :)