Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stuck!

Poor Hendrix! He's now gotten to the point that if he sticks his little legs through the bars of his crib, they get stuck and he wakes up screaming in pain. It makes me so sad and frustrated! We have a crib bumper that is supposed to prevent him from putting his legs through the bar but he either stands on the bumper and smooshes it down or he just puts his feet through the bar above the bumper. I'm kind of at my wits end and am not sure what to do!


This was a few weeks ago. His poor little leg was wedged in there so tightly that I literally had to climb in the crib with him to try to free his leg and even then I was worried that I was going to have to either saw the bars or butter his leg! You can see on his knees the bruises from past episodes of getting stuck.


This is how I found him sleeping the other night and gave me much insight into how he keeps getting stuck! You can see the brown crib bumper is firmly in place but is in no way preventing Hendrix from sticking his feet through the bars, if anything it's kind of aiding him by propping his feet up! Thankfully after I took this picture I was able to move his legs without waking him.
Last night was not so fun. Hendrix managed to wake up screaming twice because he'd managed to get his leg stuck at 8:30pm and at 5:30am! Poor little guy! I really wish he'd knock it off!

No comments: