Thursday, February 26, 2009
Cured!
I learned something today-Barrett's Esophagus is curable! I received a letter in the mail yesterday in regards to the biopsy they took during my scope last week. The letter said they found no pre-cancerous changes. I was so shocked-I didn't think that was possible, I thought I'd always have Barrett's. So I called my doctor's office for clarification and it is correct, I no longer have any pre-cancerous cells in my esophagus. HOORAY I'm CURED! The doctor said I've just got to keep doing what I'm doing and all will be well. Best news EVER! I could cry right now I'm so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yay! So good to hear!
I had no idea!! So glad you are okay! :)
WOO HOO! That is great news!!!!!!
Hi Jess,
I was doing some research online, intensively on the subject Barretts Esophagus because my biopsy came back from the lab and i was positive for barretts, at what stage i dont know yet so i sorta started googling my heart out and your page came up. I have to way, ive never had heartburn/acid reflux before until i overdosed on some CLA which is basically a fat burning pill, they caused havoc, i felt sick to my stomach, i didnt think it was serious so i didnt go to the doctor until a month later, i thought my stomach lining was just inflammed, so i was ordered to go on prilosec, it didnt work so he referred me to a gastroenterologist and did the whole endoscope thing and a sample was taken and i turned up positive when the results came back, so my question is what exactly or how exactly did your barretts go away, it was my understanding that barretts is permanent, any info you can throw at me would be greatly helpful, these last few days has just been bad for me mentally, thinking that i am possibly going to die from this and etc.
Post a Comment