Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Curious Case of the Amazing Flying Furball!

I so wish I'd caught some of this on camera but I was too slow and too shocked so I took pictures of the scene of the crime so you can grasp the insanity of the situation!

I came down to my living room and heard a cat meowing. It sounded like it was coming from up high but that isn't too unusual because the cats like to get on top of the kitchen cabinets. I looked in the kitchen and there was no cat to be found. She meowed again and I could hear it was coming from the living room. Then I saw her...

And just so you get a feel of the height of the situation, our home has 10' ceilings and the shelf is less than 2' from the ceiling.

After I'd gotten over the shock of the situation, I realized that Butters MUST learn that she cannot be up there-if she knocks anything over she'd break our TV. So I hollered at her to get down, she stood there frozen on the shelf knowing she was in BIG trouble. Then as if she was a flying squirrel, she leaped from the shelf across our living room onto the couch. I measured the distance that she jumped and it was over 12'!


This picture is a bit dark but you get the idea. My cat can FLY! Needless to say I chased her down after her flight and made sure she understands that getting up there is not an okay thing to do!

And lastly the culprit. Don't let that adorable face fool you, this little furball is full of mischief!

Oh Butters! You naught, naughty little beast! What are we going to do with you?

5 comments:

Cotton Mill Cabinetry & Furniture, Inc. said...

You are going to put her up there and see if she can do it again when you've got the cam corder all set up to record!! Then send it in to amazing cat videos and win a zillion bucks. (Share?) LOL - what a cat!

Love, Kris

Levi and Sandra said...

That story is so funny. I love animals, they do the funniest things.

Kris said...

Hey! I tagged you on my blog - check it out.

Megan said...

That is impressive! Your house is so cute!

Wes and Dani said...

LOL Jess you are hilarious. I'm sitting at work laughing and people are looking at me like I'm a nutcase. :)