I've taken many more but I won't post ALL of them!
I was so excited to tell Matt but when I got the first positive, Matt had already left for the day and of course he not only had work that day but school too! And since that's not the kind of news I wanted to just tell him over the phone, I had to wait ALL day long to tell him. And I'll admit he wasn't the first person I told, I'm a bit of an open book and am not so good with secrets! So after the first positive, I burst into tears and called my Dearest Amy! Then on my way to work, I called my doctor's office. Then when I got to work, well, um, yeah, I told EVERYONE I work with!
So I came up with the greatest way to tell Matt the news. First let me say that white birthday cake with white frosting is just about his favorite thing ever. So this is what I did...
So when Matt got home, I totally played it coy, asked him about his day and just chit chatted for a bit. Then I brought out the cake and set it on his side of the bed. This was his reaction...
Like I said, he'd had a long day and had just taken off his hat so he looks a bit rough but his facial expression is PRICELESS!
Then we had to tell our parents. I came up with idea months ago and have been so looking forward to doing it. What we did is just mailed these to our parents without giving them any warning...
My Dad's reaction was priceless! I was on the phone with him when he opened his mail. The first words out of his mouth were "You've got to be Sh@#$ing me!" He was really excited! It cracked me up!
So now we've come to the end of a long 7 month trying to conceive journey which was filled with months of fertility tests, constant blood work(I feel like a pin cushion!), loads of fun fertility drugs. Now we're at the beginning of an even longer journey called parenthood and we couldn't be more thrilled!


5 comments:
Yeah! That is fantastic! If it's a girl you should name her Selena :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting!!
So, it took us 2 1/2 years to get pregnant with Clara. Nolan got tested (SO not fun) I got tested. I had to chart my temps, blood work, push dye through my uterus and watch it on a monitor (dye which I am allergic to and had to take tons of drugs before hand so i wouldnt have too bad of a reaction) and finally an endometrial biopsy. I swear the biopsy artifically inseminated me and there was no way I would have been pregnant without that!
So, being on the fertility drugs, are you ready for multiples???
YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! So excited for you! Keep me posted on how you are and how things go through out! Hee, hee, hee, can't wait!
Congrats! I am so excited for you. I cannot wait for you to find out if it is a boy or girl either. Keep me posted.
Post a Comment