Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Nursery Craftyness

I'm not finished yet, I don't even have all the fabric but I'm just so excited I had to share! I'm making a "Taggie" blanket out of the guitar fabric! See...


Here's a closer look, the colors got a bit washed out but you get the idea


The back is going to be dark chocolate minky fabric like this


I've also looked into paint colors for the nursery and this is what I've come up with. The paint sample that looks like it's yellow is actually an awesome light lime green that matches the tan looking guitars which are also a light lime green. I'm thinking of painting the walls all that color. The blue and dark brown will be used as accent colors to do some kind of polka dots on the walls, see below...


I really love these polka dots, just don't know if I have patience to paint all of that!



This isn't a bad example of what I was thinking, minus the stripes


I've also decided to make a crib quilt, it's going to be a really simple pattern, I like this one the best...

The center will the the guitar fabric and the sides will be the chocolate brown minky fabric. I'm not 100% decided on the corner squares yet, I'm thinking maybe a dark brown with white polka dots but I'm not sure yet. I also haven't decided on what fabric I'll do for the back yet and I was thinking of doing a dark brown or maybe periwinkle blue satin-y fabric for the trim but I'm not sure if that'll be over kill!

So that's all the fun stuff I've been working on, I can't wait until it all starts to come together and I can post some actual pictures of the nursery!

5 comments:

Chilly Beans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wes and Dani said...

It's gonna be so cute!!!!! :) Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Chilly Beans said...

What great ideas! You are just rockin' out all those crafts, aren't you? :) That's awesome. I love the idea of the polka dots on the wall, especially since it was the nickname you gave the baby before you knew it was a boy. I like the smaller, more spaced out polka dots rather than the larger ones. I saw an idea on a show once where they have tons of different polka dot sticker type things that are specially made to be put on walls. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors and might be something you could do if you didn't want to actually paint the dots on the wall. I can't wait to see what it all looks like in the end. Good luck!!

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

you are so creative and full of energy!!! I want to be like you! All my ideas for the baby are still sitting in a box with receipts:)

Dylan, Holly, and Aspen said...

Wow, I think that is so awesome that you are making so much. I can't wait to see how everything comes together.