Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Why oh why can't my body work properly?

So I've got gestational diabetes. Yet another way my body can betray me by it's inability to function the way it's supposed to. I'm a bit frustrated and irritated right now. I feel better knowing that there's nothing I could have done to prevent this but I still feel responsible. I love candy and sweets and I just can't get it out of my head that if I'd just watched my sweet tooth a little closer I could have some how prevented this. I don't know many details yet, I just got the news this evening. I go in to my doctor tomorrow to get instructions on how to test my blood sugar and I'll go to Walgreens to pick up the finger pricker tester thingey. Then I'll be anticipating a phone call from the dietitian to schedule a consultation so I know what I'm allowed to eat. I've got a regular doctor's appointment next Thursday, you better believe she's going to be bombarded with my questions then.
There you have it.

2 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

Boo! I'm sorry to hear that!!! :( I hope it all works out okay.

Wright Family said...

Like I said, I had it twice! Its survivable. You can do it!!