This happened a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to blog about it but I kept forgetting.
Remember the loud mouth, outspoken, say exactly what's on her mind, call random strangers names to their faces Jessica who showed up sometime during my pregnancy? Well apparently she hasn't gone away yet and i think a portion of her is here to stay.
I was in Target and Hendrix was hungry as always so i had a bottle in his mouth. A 40-something woman walked up to me and told me how cute Hendrix is. Then she proceeded to chastise me for bottle feeding and said that breast milk is the best thing for my baby and that I'm selfish for denying him that. I was livid! She's lucky that my response was so mild! I told her "This is breast milk, I am doing what's best for my baby! Mind your own business!" and I walked away.
She and I were checking out at the same time, she looked at me really sheepishly but didn't say anything.
Also, two times this last week people asked me if my baby, who was wearing blue and sporting a mohawk, was a boy or a girl! Seriously? I might as well have been Hannah from "The Office" dressing him in pink and stating that it was his favorite color!


2 comments:
They think he's a girl because of his beautiful eyes and eyelashes. (Although maybe that should be the first hint that he's a boy since most guys end up with the beautiful eyelashes....curse you, Wes!!)
I'm glad you told that lady off! She deserved it. I hate when people think they have the right to tell you how you should/should not live your life when they don't know you from Adam! For all she knows you adopted him and can't breastfeed, or that you had breast cancer and had a masectomy. People should really watch what they say to strangers....Geez.
People ask me all the time if Zoe is a boy or girl. I also have her decked out in pink or purple and have bows in her hair. Some people are not that observant.
Isn't it amazing how strangers always think they have the best advice?
Post a Comment