Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Skinny little Fatty

Hendrix had his 15 month check up today. We lovingly call him a little fatty but he's actually getting pretty skinny. He's been holding steady at the same weight of 22 pounds for several months. The doctor isn't a bit worried about this though since he's getting taller and is super active. As Matt put it, when Hendrix is awake he's going at 500 MPH and when he's asleep he slows down to 250 MPH! Hendrix is right on track with his height at 31" and his ever expanding skull has slowed it's growth and is only in the 60th percentile instead of the massive 75% that it used to be!

Doctor says everything looks excellent and Hendrix is perfect in every way!


He's becoming so helpful. Whenever the dishwasher is open, he runs over and starts grabbing plates and silverware and throws them on the floor. Not sure if he thinks he's helping or if he just likes all the noise! When I'm loading the dryer, he'll go grab whatever he can, be it his grandma blanket or sippy cup, and put it in the dryer along with the wet clothes. During his tubby time, if I ask him if he's done, he says yes, pulls up the drain in the tub and starts sticking his foam letters to the wall (since that's where I stick them so they dry).

He loves reading books and actually is getting to the point where he'll sit still long enough to flip through the pages and I'm able to read a few words to him before boredom sets in.

I think disciplining him in the future is going to be interesting. For now, he couldn't care less! When he throws food on the floor and I scold him and tell him "NO!" he laughs. When he does something that he knows he's not supposed to do, he shakes his head no while doing it.

1 comment:

Kris said...

As the mother of Scott who also has no heartfelt anything for the word "NO", I deeply feel for you!! Miss you guys!