Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Nursery!!!!!

The nursery isn't completely finished yet, there's just a little stenciling to do but I just couldn't wait any longer to post all of the progress I've made!
Hendrix! "We" haven't officially decided on the name yet but I decided to jump the gun anyway and put it on the wall! Luckily Matt's happy with it!


Crib, guitar quilt, Hendrix and wall saying


"Hendrix" I covered wooden letters in the guitar fabric and painted brown and white stripes on them to mimic the stripes on the wall.


Matt is a HUGE Smashing Pumpkins fan and this is a quote from one of their songs. When the stenciling is done it'll say:
"Goodnight, to every little hour that you sleep tite
May it hold you through the winter of a long night
Goodnight, may your dreams be so happy and your
Head lite with the wishes of a sandman and a night light "


The quilt! The lime green corner that is turned over is what the blanket originally looked like-it was my blanket when I was a baby. I stitched the guitar fabric to it and tied the quilt with the ribbon that I used on mine and Matt's wedding invitations. The lime green doesn't match perfectly but I figured the sentiment and history was more important than matching!


The glider chair with the quilt that my grandmother made and the guitar fabric photo collage

3 comments:

Megan said...

you should start your own business! its great!

Wes and Dani said...

It's looking so so cute! :)

The Adventure Planner said...

So completely darling I can't even express! I love that quote also! My crafty things for William look like elementary school projects compared to what you can do! :) You are amazing!