Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rantings of a Prego Woman


So this is what I've decided today...
Prego brain sucks! I cannot wait until I have my brain back, can formulate cohesive thoughts and don't feel like a total airhead every second of the day.
It's insulting to call morning sickness "morning" sickness! Lets call it what it is-ALL FREAKING DAY SICKNESS!
I don't understand how something so little (less than an inch and not even 1/4 of an ounce) can take over your entire body! I've got body parts that have freakishly ballooned to obscene sizes and I'm just plain massive-I think I'm going to start to have a gravitational pull soon! And how can my body all of the sudden forget how to do something that it's done every single day for the last 30 years?
And as far as the "pregnancy glow" that side effect seems to have alluded me! The only kind of glowing I have is the sheen of grease on my face that is making me break out like a teenager!
The cute little prego girls with the adorable little basketball bellies make me sick! I've already come to terms with the fact that I'm going to look like a combination of a beached whale and the Goodyear blimp.
And I want to know who these women are who say "I loved being pregnant! It was such a wonderful time!" Yeah, they're either big fat liars or insane! Yes it's true, it is a miraculous experience and it's amazing to me that I'm creating a new life but nothing about this so far has been fun!
All in all, I'm wondering if this child just might be an only child!

6 comments:

Dylan, Holly, and Aspen said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so cruddy. I didn't have a horrible pregnancy but I wouldn't say that I loved it either. It was miraculous like you said and I liked it sometimes but I was ready to get my body back.

Wes and Dani said...

LOL Jess. :) I loved reading your post! Those little pregnant women with the basketball bellies make me sick too....because when (if) I ever get prego, I'm gonna look like a small country. :) When is your due date, by the way?

Lauralee said...

Lol! I felt the same way. I had PIC lines and feeding tubes and honestly felt like I was going to die (I lost over 50 pounds because of all my vomitting) and I still forgot all of that and did it again. You'd be suprised how quickly you forget. As for the women who "love" to be pregnant...I hate them all!

Kris said...

LOL! Ok,
#1 - Prego brain takes a dang long time to go away. AND it gets worse with every kid.
#2 - You just wait until the heartburn and the pee-ing a teaspoon full every 5 minutes starts.
#3 - all in all, if being pregnant gets you a perfect (in whatever way shape or form), sweet, darling little baby - then it's worth it. That's why we keep on doing it over and over again.
#4 - This too shall pass. There's a time and a season, and right now - this season stinks. You can do it! :)

azufelt said...

You're pretty much right about everyting you are going through, right now, but (for most women) BUT for many the yuck symptoms go away, before other yuck ones set in. That's why they say 2nd tri is the best, and well, that's mostly the truth.

Good luck! (and not to be mean, but I have loved recently finding out about so many others that are expecting, it really puts into perspective how little time I have left, you'll get your shot at that feeling too!!)

Kent & Beka said...

You may as well call it what it is- mother's brain. sorry to say it doesn't go away- just gets worse with every bit of pee on the carpet, bottle of ketchup spilled on the carpet, etc. You are going to be a great mommy!
Beka