I've been slacking on my blogging so this one might be lengthy!
This last week was pretty rough. Hendrix has been having a hard time, screaming a lot and refusing to sleep. Every time we laid him down he'd scream at the top of his lungs. He's been spitting up a lot and his hunger has been insatiable. I did some research and all signs pointed to acid reflux so I called and made an appointment with the doctor and I was right, poor little guy has reflux and has been in pain for the last week. We now have his crib propped at an angle, we've been putting rice cereal in his bottles to help thicken the milk so it stays down better, he has to sit up for at least a half an hour after feedings and he's been given a prescription for Zantac to help with the reflux. Last night was like having a whole new baby! He slept for 5 1/2 hours straight and has been so pleasant all day! Hooray! Also, as of his appointment yesterday, he weighs 10 pounds 1 ounce! He's gained over 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks-what a cute little fatty I have!
This is the crib propped at an angle-I don't know why this picture makes the nursery look so messy, it's actually quite organized right now!
I just thought Hendrix looked so cute in his lime green car seat with his matching lime green outfit!
I've got a blanket ninja on my hands! This is how he usually sleeps, tightly swaddled except for his arms which he insists be straight above his head.
One night, this is what I found, my little blanket ninja had squirmed half way out of his blanket.
And this is the little blanket ninja literally five minutes after the previous photo was taken-I have no idea how he managed to get himself completely unswaddled and off his sleep positioner in such a short time but he was not happy about it!

This is what we aim to achieve every night, we call it the milk coma!

This picture absolutely cracks me up!

And I'm a human milk factory! Matt calls me Bessie (yes, my dear sweet husband blatantly calls me a cow!) Not only have I been able to keep up with Hendrix and his huge appetite but I've got quite the surplus! I've got nearly 220 ounces (that's over a gallon and a half!) of milk frozen! At this rate I'll be able to stop pumping when Hendrix is 6 months old and he'll have milk for a full year! This picture doesn't do it justice, you can't really tell that there are 2 rows of frozen bags, not just the one row that you can see!

2 comments:
Oh I'm jealous, never could pump that much milk! Hendrix is adorable by the way!!!
AWESOME!!
Post a Comment